Do you know of a business, group or individual in our community that deserves some recognition? We want to know about it! Nominate them for the 2017 Business Excellence Awards!
Nominations will be accepted from now until August 25, 2017.
Fan voting is back this year! From September 4-8, the public will be able to vote for who they would like to see win. These votes, combined with the scores given by our Business Excellence Awards Committee, will determine the award winners.
- Small Business of the Year: Awarded to a business that has been in operation for at least two years, that has 10 or less employees, and that best reflects the outstanding spirit and success of the Drumheller area.
- Large Business of the Year: Awarded to a business that has been in operation for at least two years, that has more than 10 employees, and that best reflects the outstanding spirit and success of the Drumheller area.
- Most Promising New Business: Awarded to a new business that has been in operation for less than two years, and that best demonstrates potential for growth, a high level of social, cultural, and environmental awareness, a commitment to the wider community; and that engages in continuous learning or other improvement opportunities.(Formerly called Rookie Business of the Year)
- Arts, Culture & Community Award: Awarded to a business, non-profit or other formally recognized group that demonstrates outstanding achievement and contribution in the area of arts, culture, or community, and at the same time develops business acumen and management practices to ensure their long term sustainability.
- Diversity Leadership Award: Awarded to an organization that embraces diversity in their workforce, encourages respect and inclusion, eliminates discrimination and barriers, and helps to create welcoming and inclusive workplaces.
- Business Professional of the Year Award: Awarded to an individual, manager, or employee who is active in the business community and/or non-profit community, and that demonstrates professionalism and a passion for making our community the best place to work, live and do business.
Winners will be announced Wednesday, October 18 at our annual Business Excellence Awards Gala.
How to nominate:
1. Download the form or pick one up at the Chamber of Commerce/ World's Largest Dinosaur
2. Submit it via email, fax it to 403-823-4469 or mail it to: Drumheller and District Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 999, Drumheller AB T0J 0Y0