For the 5th consecutive year, the DDCC partnered with the Grade 11 Career and Life Management (CALM) class at St. Anthony’s School for the You’re Hired Interview Competition. The program gives students the opportunity to apply for fictitious jobs and interview for these jobs with real employers in the community.
Twenty-nine students from Mr. Jay Mulgrew’s CALM class interviewed with seven employers. The employers and their representatives included:
- Canadian Tire – Terri Murray
- Chinook Financial – Deanna Chambers & Sarah Burnett
- Correctional Service of Canada – Tyler Gross
- Drumheller & District Chamber of Commerce – Kathy Little & Heather Bitz
- Fountain Tire – Joanne Hodgson
- McDonald’s – Greg Manca
- Town of Drumheller – Tracy Coveney
First students participated in one-on-one interviews with a single employer. Then the top three scoring students from the initial interviews were interviewed by a panel of three employers in front of the entire class. The top three winners of the competition were:
- 1st – Bea Santa Cruz
- 2nd – Emma Doyle
- 3rd – Blake Jolliffe
The Drumheller and District Chamber of Commerce would like to thank St. Anthony’s School for this continued partnership. Special thanks also to the employers from the business community who shared their time and expertise with the students!