Dear Chamber Members & Businesses,
These are challenging times for Canadians and residents of countries around the world. The Federal, Provincial and Municipal Governments have taken broad sweeping measures to protect Canadians from the COVID-19 virus.
The Drumheller & District Chamber of Commerce will take all necessary steps to protect and assist our business community. This includes protecting our membership, Board of Directors and staff will policies and procedures to mitigate health and financial issues to the best of our abilities.
COVID-19 has wide-sweeping effects on our business community and every day we see new policy and procedural changes as this unprecedented pandemic affects company operations.
Status of Local Businesses list available here. If you have not yet spoken with us about your status or need to change your status please contact the Chamber.
*We are sending out a weekly COVID-19 Business Resources Update email- if you are not currently on our email list you are welcome to sign up here.
News Updates (last update April 1, 2:34 pm)
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy Update
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit to Launch April 6 (published Apr. 1, 2020)
- Drumheller COVID-19 Economic Recovery Task Force (launched March 31 2020)
- Alberta Government announces additional restrictions to stop spread of COVID-19 (March 27, 2020)
- Trudeau announces major wage subsidy hike for small businesses (March 27, 2020)
- Government introduces Canada Emergency Response Benefit to help workers and businesses (March 25, 2020)
- Workers Compensation Board- Premium Relief Measures for Employers
- Town of Drumheller Media Release Re: Deferral of Utility Water Payments
- Frequently Asked Questions – Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers
- How to Apply For EI and COVID-19 emergency benefits (CBC News; Posted Mar 18, 2020 5:43 PM ET)
- Provincial Financial Support for Albertans- Government of Alberta News Release (March 18, 2020)
- Calgary Chamber of Commerce hosting daily webinars (11:00am) on COVID-19 Business Resources
- News release (March 13, 2020): Canada outlines measures to support the economy and the financial sector
- Canadian Banks Move to help Customers, Allow Deferral of Mortgage Payments (The Star Calgary, March 18 2020)
*Small Businesses that are concerned about their financial situation are encouraged to reach out to their bank to discuss options.
Current Status (tip: bookmark these pages to check daily)
Town of Drumheller COVID-19 Page
Government of Alberta COVID-19 Information
Government of Canada COVID-19 Information
World Health Organization COVID-19 Information
Tracking the Coronavirus (Interactive Map)
Provincial Assistance & Resources
Emergency Financial Assistance (check eligibility before applying)
GOA Employment Standard Rules
OHS: Respiratory viruses and the workplace
WCB: COVID-19 employer fact sheet
WCB COVID-19 worker fact sheet
Info on The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
Federal Support for Self Employed Canadians
Federal Supports for Businesses- Full List
Employment Insurance Benefits & Leave
Obtain Your Electronic Record of Employment (ROE)
Work Sharing Program (an adjustment program designed to help employers and employees avoid layoffs when there is a temporary reduction in the normal level of business activity)
Support from the Business Development Bank of Canada
Prevention Posters and Videos
Help Prevent the Spread Video
Alberta Health Services COVID-19 Online Screening
Help Prevent the Spread Poster (Purple)
COVID-19: STOP-Alberta Health Services Poster
Stay home if sick poster
CBC-COVID-19 Cleaning Products List
How to Better Secure Your Business During COVID-19
Protect Yourself- Be Aware of COVID-19 Scams
Canadian Chamber of Commerce- Pandemic Preparedness for Businesses
Calgary Chamber of Commerce Emergency Preparedness Kit
Alberta Prepares Pandemic Business Checklist
Roger Brooks Presentation: Dealing With the Coronavirus: What to do immediately to help save your tourism industry, and downtown businesses
The Drumheller and District Chamber of Commerce understands that COVID-19 is going to impact our local business community and beyond. We want to ensure that you have information available to you and to ensure that we all are doing our part to help minimize the impact this pandemic has locally on our community.
Your Drumheller & District Chamber of Commerce Team