The Drumheller & District Chamber of Commerce is committed to continuing to build the resiliency of our business community through this unprecedented time. This page of resources has been compiled to help you with business continuity and resilience planning.
- Government of Canada announces next steps for Safe Restart Agreement
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) will be extended by one month to help eligible small businesses pay rent for September
- Government announces greater flexibility and extension of Canada Emergency Business Account (August 31)
- Canada United Small Business Relief Fund Open For Applications ($5,000 grants for small to medium-sized companies)
- Call Centre Now Available for CEBA Questions
- Federal government announces intention to simplify EI applications, extend the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) an additional four weeks, and introduce three new benefit programs to take the place of the CERB once it expires (Aug.20)
- Expanding COVID-19 testing for asymptomatic Albertans (Aug.18)
- Government Of Canada Sets National Temporary Minimum Unemployment Rate For EI Benefits Calculations (Aug 10)
- Drumheller Town Council approves Dino Bucks program to encourage mask wearing in indoor spaces (Aug 4)
- Canada Revenue Agency announces extension to payment deadline and offers interest relief on outstanding tax debts during the COVID-19 pandemic (July 27)
- Provincial Relaunch Grant Now Available (June 29)
- Businesses eligible for CEBA now include owner-operated small businesses that do not have a payroll, sole proprietors receiving business income directly, as well as family-owned corporations remunerating in the form of dividends rather than payroll. (June 26)
*We are send out Business Resources updates in our twice-monthly emails- if you are not currently on our email list you are welcome to sign up here.
ECONOMIC RECOVERY TASK FORCE (local advisors who can help your business or nonprofit to navigate financial aid programs and options for free)
Alberta Biz Connect- industry-specific guidelines and FAQ's from the government
Retail Recovery Playbook from the Retail Council of Canada
Current Status (tip: bookmark these pages to check regularly)
Other Provincial Resources for Business (Reopening Resources Available Above)
Travel Alberta Cooperative Investment Program (Second intake Sep.1-30,2020)
Federal Supports for Business
Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) extended to Oct.31, 2020
Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) closes September 14, 2020.
Essential Services Contingency Reserve- eligible essential service business or organizations may apply to receive personal protective equipment (PPE), non-medical masks and disinfection products to address urgent, short-term (45 days) needs.
COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for Heritage Organizations – Museums Assistance Program closes September 11, 2020
Canadian Business Resiliency Network (launched April 6 by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce)
How the Private Sector Can Help
Alberta Purchasing Connection (APC)- lets public and private sector users manage, advertise, distribute, and download public purchasing opportunities for goods, services, and construction in Alberta.
Submit your offers of products or services to the Bits & Pieces Program
Physical & Mental Health Resources
Easing Into the New Normal (from 13 Ways)
POSTERS and other Prevention Resources