The Drumheller & District Chamber of Commerce is committed to continuing to build the resiliency of our business community through this unprecedented time. This page of resources has been compiled to help you with business continuity and resilience planning.
- New and Expanded Federal Benefits for Businesses Announced (Oct.9)
- Feds unveil new commercial rent relief subsidy (Oct.9)
- Government of Canada expands Regional Relief and Recovery Fund to provide further support for businesses (Oct.2)
- Legislation to support new recovery benefits and extend funding for COVID-19 measures receives Royal Assent (Oct.2)
- Worker's Compensation Board implemeting cost-relief measures
- Small businesses hopeful federal government will retool loan program to cover mounting rental costs (Sept. 25)
- Liberals vow wage-subsidy extension to 2021 (Sept.23)
- Canada Revenue Agency Resuming Activities; Protect Yourself Against Fraud
- Canada Employment Insurance Commission sets 2021 Employment Insurance Premium Rate and Maximum Insurable Earnings (Sept.14)
- Call Centre Now Available for CEBA Questions
- Provincial Relaunch Grant Now Available (June 29)
- Businesses eligible for CEBA now include owner-operated small businesses that do not have a payroll, sole proprietors receiving business income directly, as well as family-owned corporations remunerating in the form of dividends rather than payroll. (June 26)
*We are send out Business Resources updates in our twice-monthly emails- if you are not currently on our email list you are welcome to sign up here.
Covid-19 Infection Control For Your Business- Free risk management training program. Participants will receive an online certificate upon completion of the course that can be posted on-site and shared with clients to demonstrate their business’s ongoing commitment to health and safety
Alberta Biz Connect- industry-specific guidelines and FAQ's from the government
Retail Recovery Playbook from the Retail Council of Canada
Current Status (tip: bookmark these pages to check regularly)
Other Provincial Resources for Business (Reopening Resources Available Above)
Travel Alberta Cooperative Investment Program (Second intake Sep.1-30,2020)
Federal Supports for Business
Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) extended to Oct.31, 2020
Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) must opt-in by October 30, 2020.
Essential Services Contingency Reserve- eligible essential service business or organizations may apply to receive personal protective equipment (PPE), non-medical masks and disinfection products to address urgent, short-term (45 days) needs.
Canadian Business Resiliency Network (launched April 6 by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce)
How the Private Sector Can Help
Alberta Purchasing Connection (APC)- lets public and private sector users manage, advertise, distribute, and download public purchasing opportunities for goods, services, and construction in Alberta.
Submit your offers of products or services to the Bits & Pieces Program
Physical & Mental Health Resources
Easing Into the New Normal (from 13 Ways)
POSTERS and other Prevention Resources