On October 22nd, 2015, the Drumheller and District Chamber of Commerce (DDCC) capped off their Small Business Week activities with the annual Business Excellence Awards Gala at the Badlands Community Facility. Just under 100 people were present and 6 awards were given out:
- Arts, Culture and Community Award: Western GM Drumheller
- Diversity Leadership Award: McDonald's
- Most Promising New Business: Ivy's Awesome Kitchen & Bistro
- Small Business of the Year: Bold Efexx Hair Shop
- Large Business of the Year: Reality Bytes
- Business Professional of the Year: John Shoff
Attendees enjoyed a delicious buffet dinner by Double D Catering, and lovely musical performances throughout the evening by the band Me & the Mrs. from Rosebud.
The DDCC began accepting nominations from the community for the awards in August, after which the Awards Selection Committee undertook the process of scoring each nominee based on the awards criteria. The three highest scores in each category were used to determine the finalists, and of those finalists the highest scoring ones were selected as the overall winners.
The Drumheller and District Chamber of Commerce would like to thank the event sponsors:
GOLD Sponsors: ATB Financial, Canalta Hotels
SILVER Sponsor: Telus
BRONZE Sponsors: Alok Verma Professional Corporation, TJ Valley Adjusters, Town of Drumheller
WINE Sponsor: Community Futures Big Country
Photos from the evening can be found on the Drumheller Chamber of Commerce Facebook page.