Celebrate Alberta Culture Days right here in the Drumheller valley!
Since 2016 the Drumheller and District Chamber of Commerce has partnered with the Town of Drumheller, Badlands Gallery and various other local artists and groups to organize free, family-friendly events in celebration of Alberta Culture Days.
In 2018 we are pleased to be organizing two days of activities to increase the impact and spread the activities to other locations.
Friday, September 28, 6-8pm: Noodles with Nagymama at the East Coulee School Museum. Participants will have a fun time hand-making noodles with a "Hungarian Grandma"! There may be some musical entertainment as well.
Saturday, September 29, 12-4pm: Head into Drumheller for more fun! Activities are still being organized, but here's some examples:
- Arts and craft activities with Vicki Myers at the Navy League Building
- Clay sculpting and crafts at Cottonwood Clay Studio (located in the Badlands Community Facility)
- Watch and interact with artists at work in the Badlands Gallery downtown
- Live musicians and a dance performance at the corner of Centre St & 3rd Ave
- Giant board games
- Try some bannock, make a medicine pouch and watch an antler carver at work at Dry Canyon Collectables
- Fundraiser BBQ for the Drumheller Humane Society
- Backstage Tours at Kaleidoscope Theatre- Tours run at 12:00pm and 2:00pm.
- Rouging workshop (oil painting technique) at the Drumheller Public Library. *Space limited- call the Library at 823-1371 to register.
- 12:00-1:00- TBD. Interested in performing? Let us know!
- 1:00-1:30- Tricia Hatch School of Dance
- 1:30-2:30- Drumheller Ukulele Group
- 2:30: Music by Noel Spooner.
All events are free to attend.
Alberta Culture Days, September 28 – 30, is about discovering, experiencing and celebrating our unique blend of peoples and passions, and the importance of culture to a healthy and vibrant province. To learn more, visit www.AlbertaCultureDays.ca.
Supported by the Town of Drumheller's Heritage, Arts & Culture Committee.