Registration is now open for the 2015 July 1st Parade.
This year's theme is "Celebrating our Heritage".
If your parade entry will include any livestock (ie. horses, buffalo, cows, etc.) proof of Liability Insurance must be received by the Chamber of Commerce office at least 1 week prior to the event. Failure to do so will result in the entry being denied admittance into the parade.
- Judging begins at 9:00 am, parade begins at 10:00 am
- While travelling along the route, participants must keep up with the float in front of them. No stopping is allowed along the route to ensure even flow from the first float to the last without any gaps or a disruption in flow of parade traffic.
- NO WATERGUNS
- For Safety Purposes, please HAND OUT candy and/or promotional items. Do not throw items from your vehicle. Under NO circumstances will the throwing of candy or items be allowed.
- Any animals prior to or during the parade being seen as acting erratically will be asked to exit the parade route.
- Large commercial vehicles (ie. semi-trucks, trailers, farm equipment) will be placed at the end of the parade regardless of category.
The Drumheller and District Chamber of Commerce held it's 2015 Annual General Meeting on March 24th, 2015 at the Badlands Community Facility. Four director positions were available, all three year terms.
6 members were nominated, of which the following four were chosen by secret ballot to fill the Director positions:
- Brooke Christianson, Vice President of Canalta Hotels;
- Brock Harrington, General Manager of Rocky Mountain Equipment;
- Gord Van Kannel, of the Drumheller Co-op; and
- Christopher Knight, Vice President of Finance and Operations, Platinum Chemical Solutions
Reports were given from Board members and staff; President John Shoff spoke on the importance of community and working together, Executive Director Heather Bitz highlighted the many goals and accomplishments made by the Chamber over the previous year, Chairperson of the Business Advocacy Committee Shelley Rymal provided an overview of their history and goals, and Secretary-Treasurer Gord Van Kannel summarized the financials for 2014.
Guest speakers for the evening included Cody Glydon, Economic Development & Communications Officer of the Town of Drumheller, who presented on economic development activities in the Town, and Brooke Christianson, Chair of the Drumheller Association of Skateboard Enthusiasts (DASE), presenting on their skateboard park project.
To download the 2015 AGM Report Package, click on the links at the bottom of the page.
For more information on how you can get involved with the business community and the Chamber of Commerce, call 403-823-8100, or visit www.drumhellerchamber.com
For photos from the event, see the Drumheller Chamber of Commerce Facebook page.